The British Embassy in Budapest is looking for a temporary driver to assist its small transport team to cover a vacant slot for three months starting in November 2013.
A clean Hungarian professional licence is required.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive the embassy’s official vehicles, including the British ambassador’s flag car.
The successful applicant’s skills will include
- Good previous driving experience in a work environment
- A strong command of English
- Good working driving knowledge of Budapest
- Ability to read a map and use GPS
The successful applicant should
- Have a flexible and adaptable personality
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Helpful and cheerful in demeanour
- Have a professional appearance
- Accept a varied and changeable work pattern
As part of the selection process, candidates will need to attend an interview in English, and will be asked to take a practical test, demonstrating their driving skills under supervision.
The successful candidate will be expected to work shifts currently arranged as follows:
- Shift 1 Monday to Friday: from 7:30am to 3:30pm, plus any weekend driving
- Shift 2 Monday to Friday: from noon to 8pm
The successful applicant will be employed at Band S1 on the British Embassy scale. Starting salary is HUF 273,442 gross per month. The job is offered on a temporary arrangement, initially for up to three months.
Please send your CV along with a motivation letter in strict confidence to Budapest.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk The closing date for applications is 4 November 2013.
Please note that, because of the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact candidates that have been short-listed for interview. If you do not hear from us you should assume that your application has not been successful.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation. All applications are treated on merit.