Public exhibitions for M6 smart motorway upgrade near Coventry
Public are invited to find out more about plans to upgrade the M6 between junction 2 and 4.
Drivers, business owners and local residents are invited to find out more about plans to upgrade the M6 between junction 2 (Coventry) and junction 4 (Coleshill) to a smart motorway at a series of public exhibitions starting this week.
The M6 is a major strategic route connecting people, communities and businesses, carrying over 120,000 vehicles per day between junctions 2 and 4. Highways England is proposing to improve the M6 between junction 2 at Coventry and junction 4 at Coleshill by upgrading it to a smart motorway. Work will start in early 2017 and is expected to be open by the end of 2018.
This means there will be:
- an additional lane for traffic increasing capacity to reduce congestion
- more technology on the road to manage incidents
- more reliable journeys
Members of the public, local residents and businesses are all encouraged to attend one of the five events taking place over the next two weeks where they will be able to see detailed plans of the proposals, find out more about smart motorways and ask questions of the project team.
The meetings will take place as follows:
- Thursday July 7: 2pm – 8pm Novotel M6 junction 3, CV6 6HL
- Friday July 8: 10am – 8pm Novotel M6 junction 3, CV6 6HL
- Saturday July 9: 10am – 4pm Novotel M6 junction 3, CV6 6HL
- Thursday July 14: 10am – 8pm Chelmsley Wood Town Council, B37 7NS
- Friday July 15: 10am – 8pm Chelmsley Wood Town Council, B37 7NS
0300 123 5000
M6 junction 2 to 4 smart motorway Highways England The Cube 199 Wharfside Street Birmingham B1 1RN
Members of the public should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the Highways England press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.