The British Embassy Prosperity Fund Programme supports sustainable development and promotes economic reform and business innovation in Mexico. Over £6 million were allocated to Mexico between April 2016 and March 2017 and were invested in five sectors: energy, financial services, future cities, education and business environment. Our investments through this programme may exceed £50 million over the next four years.
We are working with Congress, public and private sectors, and also civil society. We have been sharing the best of British practices and expertise in different strands with a view to stimulating sustainable economic growth and contributing to poverty reduction in Mexico. We also aim to produce greater opportunities for trade and investment between Mexico and the UK.
Funding for 2017-18
In 2017-18 the Fund has up to £1.6m ODA and £400k non ODA available for programming. The procurement method to select a delivery partner for these funds will be through a competitive tender, with the final award being via a commercial contract.
We will be advertising contracts, for which supplier will have the opportunity to bid, via the online Bravo platform. To be able to access further information, see when tenders open and to bid, please register on the FCO Bravo Solutions eSourcing Portal.
Funding for 2018-19 onwards
From next financial year the Prosperity Fund programme will be delivered through commercial contracts, procured via a Framework Agreement. The Framework Agreement is a mechanism that will facilitate the procurement of Prosperity Fund programmes via the appointment of suppliers to meet the technical and commercial requirements that will be set out in the invitations to tender (including the Terms of Reference) for each programme at the Call Off stage.
These programmes will help to deliver on our development and international cooperation objectives in the Financial Services, Energy, Future Cities and Business Environment sectors in Mexico. The Cross Whitehall Prosperity Fund Framework Agreement has been designed to maintain a fair and transparent procedure for all organisations wishing to participate in the Framework Agreement procurement process.
The procurement process will be administered by the Prosperity Fund Commercial Procurement team within the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. If you have any questions regarding the tender process you should submit them via the FCO Bravo Solutions eSourcing Portal. Please note below instructions for registering within the Bravo Portal. If you require any assistance on when setting up an account, please call the Bravo Helpdesk: 0800 069 8630 / +44 203 608 4013.
Publication of pre-qualified suppliers
As a result of this first stage, a selection of pre-qualified “preferred” suppliers will be awarded inclusion in the Framework. Those suppliers will then be able to bid for Prosperity Fund contracts in Mexico and potentially in other countries where the Prosperity Fund operates. Contracts for specific programmes will be awarded through a call-down from the relevant Framework Agreement lots.
Pre-qualified suppliers will then need to compete in further Invitation to Tenders which will provide much more detailed Terms of Reference and subsequent evaluation; it is at this point that we will be seeking detail on supply chain elements compliance with specific evaluation criteria and robust Key Performance Indicators. This stage is expected to take up to 12 weeks to complete.
Once again, thank you very much for your interest in working with the FCO and the British Embassy in Mexico. If you have any questions regarding the Tender process, do not hesitate to contact us via the FCO Bravo Solutions eSourcing Portal.
How to express interest in FCO tenders for 2017-18 and 2018-19 onwards
- Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once):
- browse to the eSourcing Portal and click the ´Register Now´ link
- accept the terms and conditions and click ´Continue´
- enter your correct business and user details
- note the username you chose and click ´Save´ when complete. You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure)
- Express an interest in the tender:
- log in to the portal with your username/password
- click the PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers link (these are pre-qualification questionnaires or invitations to tender open to any registered supplier)
- click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content
- click the ´Express Interest´ button at the top of the page. This will move the PQQ /ITT into your My PQQs/ My ITTs page (this is a secure area reserved for your projects only)
- you can now access any attachments by clicking ´Buyer Attachments` in the PQQ/ ITT Details box
- Respond to the tender:
- click ´My Response´ under PQQ/ ITT Details. You can choose to `Create Response´ or ´Decline to Respond´ (please give a reason if declining). You can now use the Messages function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification
- note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT. There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform. There is detailed help available online
- you must then submit your reply using the Submit Response button at the top of the page
FY 17/18 Prosperity Fund Procurement Process – Presentation
FY 17/18 Prosperity Fund Procurement Process – Q&A
FY 17/18 Prosperity Fund Procurement Process – Video