World news story
Prosperity Fund - Bid Round 2014 - 2015
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The first bid round is open for the year 2014-2015.
The Programme Team, based in the British Embassy in Brasilia, is seeking project proposals for the Prosperity Fund – Brazil Programme.
- Project proposals must contribute directly to the Programme Strategy (PDF, 298KB, 7 pages) , supporting at least one of the key areas: climate change, energy and open economy. If there is any doubt, potential bidders can consult the programme team in Brasilia to check strategic relevance of the project purpose, before submitting concept bids.
- The primary beneficiary of the project proposal submitted to the Prosperity Fund must be Brazil (included in the OECD DAC list), in line with DAC criteria.
- Project proposals must be submitted in the Project Concept Form (MS Word Document, 58.5KB) .
- We are looking for practical interventions that will lead to a real and timely difference to decision-making. Proposals focusing purely on research, analysis, seminars or workshops will not be relevant unless they lead to specific and measurable action.
- Proposals should outline impact. We want to know what changes the project will make.
- Demonstrate that host governments have been consulted and are supportive or, if they have not, the project proposal should explain how the project has sufficient buy-in from the necessary stakeholders to deliver expected outcomes.
- Demonstrate that the project will produce sustainable outcomes.
- All selected implementers of approved bids must sign the attached Grand Contract (PDF, 304KB, 12 pages) in English.
Project proposals should demonstrate that they will trigger action and gain leverage out of proportion to the funding spent on the project. Experience has shown that an effective way to do this is to work towards high level policy change, on local policy development, supporting implementation of regulatory frameworks, building capacity in a sustainable way, translating evidence or analysis into action plans, and working in partnership with host government. Please note that we (Post) are still awaiting confirmation about the funding for projects for year 2014-2015. However, as this is a long process, we (Post) are already receiving potential project bids according to the calendar below.
2. Bidding Process
The bidding process is run in two stages: concept and full bid. Only bids approved through the concept stage will be considered for full bids. * Appraisal Criteria (PDF, 60.8KB, 1 page)
Deadline to submit concept bids to the Programme Team: Monday 20 January
3. Bidding Timetable
- 20 January: deadline to submit concept bids to Programme Team (Prosperity.Bidround.Brazil@fco.gov.uk)
- 11 March: results and invitation to send full bids for successful bidders.
- 16 March: deadline to submit full bids to Programme Team (Prosperity.Bidround.Brazil@fco.gov.uk)
- 16 April: final results
We will hold a second bid round in June 2014.
- The project proposal in the bid form should be submitted to e-mail address: Prosperity.Bidround.Brazil@fco.gov.uk