News story

Properties affected by adverse weather

What the VOA can do to help if properties have been damaged by flooding or other extreme weather.

Flood sign

You may be able to get business rates or council tax reliefs from your local council if your property has been affected.

If you have a non-domestic or business property that has been damaged or badly affected by bad weather or flooding we may be able to give a temporary reduction in your rateable value.

If your domestic property has been partially demolished, structurally damaged and is uninhabitable, we may be able to help you. We look at each case on merit, so please contact your local VOA office or call 03000 501 501 to discuss your situation.

Published 7 December 2015