The Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) has up to £35 million to invest in business projects that deliver significant reductions in CO2 emissions and strengthen the UK’s position on low carbon vehicle technologies.
The competition is the 8th in a series funded by the APC, an industry and government partnership formed in 2013 that aims to make the UK a centre of excellence for low carbon propulsion and development. Applications are managed by Innovate UK.
Areas that will be supported include:
- alternative propulsion systems
- electric machines and power electronics
- energy storage and energy management
- lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
- thermal propulsion systems
Find out more about how Innovate UK supports innovation in low carbon vehicles.
- the competition is open, and the registration deadline is midday on 20 September 2017
- projects must be led by a business working with partners and include at least 1 vehicle manufacturer or tier 1 supplier and an SME
- we expect total project costs to range in size from £5 million to £40 million and for projects to last between 18 and 42 months
- businesses can attract up to 70% of their total project costs
Find out more about this competition and apply.