The British Embassy in Japan has a key objective in 2018-19 related to strengthening links between Japan and the UK in the field of AI as well as other areas of the digital and technology sectors. There are already a significant range of collaborations in research, investment and trade between the two countries. As one of the world’s leading technology centres and with a technology sector growing at around double the pace of the normal economy, the UK offers a very strong opportunity for partnership with Japan – we want to grow the partnership further over the next 12 months.
DETAILS OF REQUIREMENT
- To analyse and implement recommendations from a report on AI opportunities in Japan
- To provide specialist support on a promotional and business engagement campaign focussed on UK strengths in AI
- To identify and engage with 10 Japanese companies with specific interest in investing into the UK in the AI or digital field and set out account plans to support their investment
- To speak at two key events during this calendar year to promote UK trade and investment opportunities in AI
- To work with a trade mission of UK companies coming to Japan focussed on AI
- To building specific relationships with large Japanese ICT companies with an interest in a trade or investment relationship with the UK outside the AI sphere.
To find out more, including how to bid, please download the APAC.Procurement@fco.gov.uk
If you have any queries, please contact: