This is an area of significant potential growth in bilateral trade, investment and cooperation between the UK and Japan. We would like to commission a report on the Japanese Digital and ICT market situation and Japan’s Digital strategy. This will be used to improve understanding of the Japanese market and its regulatory situation, to foster greater bilateral cooperation and help UK companies do business in the Japanese Digital and ICT sector.
The report should include the following:
- An overview of the current Japanese Digital and ICT market;
- An overview of the current Japanese Digital and ICT policy and regulatory situation, including a subsector focus on Data-related areas;
- An overview of the Government of Japan’s Digital strategy and priorities, and its potential future direction;
- An assessment of potential opportunities and risks for the UK and areas where the UK and Japan can potentially collaborate;
- Identification of key challenges to doing business in the Japanese Digital and ICT market, including market access barriers and non-tariff measures, and recommendations for addressing these.
- The report should be written in English and completed by end-August / early-September.
- The research should be underpinned by sound research as well as analyzing existing government and industrial data and reports.
- The implementer could co-brand the report but the British Embassy Tokyo will have the ownership of the final product.
- The report will be read by British Embassy Tokyo and relevant UK departments with some potential in sharing with external stakeholders such as UK industrial groups and companies.
Guidance on bidding:
Please send your technical proposal including explanation of how you would undertake the task, CV or Company profile, and estimate of costs to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The technical proposal should include: Outline of the Study; Methodology; Timeline; and Expected Outputs. Cost estimates should include unit cost (e.g. budget/day x working days x author(s)).
The deadline for submitting full bids is 1700(Japan time) on Tuesday 20 June.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further enquiries on details of the research.