The following summary of planned new and ongoing roadworks over the coming week is correct as of 2 April 2015 but could be subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
Media wanting information about Highways England’s routine maintenance projects should, in the first instance, check our website http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads
M1 junction 19 at Catthorpe, Leicestershire: Major improvement works
Between now and autumn 2016 there will be various hard shoulder, lane or carriageway closures while the new junction is built.
- On 7 April and 8 April, the A14 to M6 westbound carriageway will be closed between the western roundabout and the M6 on slip at M1 junction 19 between 9pm and 6am.
- On 11 April, the M1 southbound carriageway will be closed between the exit slip road to the A14 and the M6 entry slip road between 9pm and 8am.
- Also on 11 April, the M1 northbound carriageway will be closed between the M6 exit slip road and the entry road from the A14, between 8pm and 8am.
M1 junction 15 to 19, Northamptonshire: Central reserve work
Until summer 2015, there will be various restrictions in place to allow for the construction of a reinforced concrete barrier in the central reserve. These include speed restrictions, narrow lanes and hard shoulder running.
- From 7 April to 13 April, lanes 2 and 3 will be closed overnight on the north and southbound carriageways between junction 15 and junction 16.
- On 11 April, from 9pm to 6am on 12 April, the northbound carriageway will be closed between junction 15 and junction 15a. The junction 15 northbound entry slip road will also be closed.
- On 12 April from 9pm to 6am on 13 April, the southbound carriageway will be closed between junction 15a and junction 15, including the closure of the junction 15a southbound entry slip road.
M1 Junction 23a to Jct 24a, Leicestershire: Survey works
From 26 January to 30 April there will be lane closures and exit slip road closures north and southbound from 10pm to 6am.
M1 junction 28 to 31 and 32 to 35a, Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/Yorkshire: Smart Motorway
Until winter 2016 there will be various restrictions in place on the M1 between junctions 28 and 35a to allow for the construction of the Smart Motorway. These include lane closures, speed restrictions, hard shoulder running and overnight slip road or carriageway closures. This week the following full closures will be in place:
- On 7 April, from 8pm to 6am, the northbound exit road at junction 31 of the M1 will be closed, as will the southbound entry at junction 28. The A38 from McArthur Glen will also be closed to junction 28.
- On 8 April from 8pm to 6am, both the exit and entry roads on the northbound M1 at junction 35 will be closed. The northbound up and over at junction 31, and the exit road at junction 28 will also be closed. The A38 from junction 28 will be closed to Brambley Way junction towards Derby.
- On 9 April, the M1 northbound exit at junction 25a will be closed between 8pm and 6am. The southbound entry road at junction 35a will also be closed.
- On 10 April, the M1 southbound entry at junction 35a will be closed from 8pm to 6am. The southbound up and over at junction 31 will also be closed.
- On 11 April, the M1 southbound up and over will be closed at junction 31.
M45 Dunchurch to M1 J17, Northamptonshire: Carriageway repairs
From 9 February to 20 May there will be a number of restrictions on the eastbound carriageway including overnight carriageway closures from 8pm to 6am, or 24/7 closures of the hard shoulder and lane one with a 50mph speed limit. During full closures traffic will be diverted via the A45 to Daventry and Weedon to join the M1 at J16.
M69 junction 2, Leicestershire: Carriageway repairs
From 8pm on 8 April to 5am on 9 April, the exit slip road and hard shoulder will be closed westbound. Vehicles can travel to junction 1 and exit as required.
A1 Elkesley, Nottinghamshire: Junction improvement
Between now and September 2015 various restrictions will be in place including lane closures, carriageway closures, narrow lanes and a 40mph speed limit.
A1 Barrowby, Lincolnshire: Signing works
Up until 11 April, both slip roads will be closed on the southbound carriageway between 8pm and 6am. Diversions are in place: from the A52 southbound, join the A1 northbound to Gonerby Moor, exit the A1 northbound here and rejoin the southbound. A1 southbound traffic can continue to the A607 exit at Grantham, exit the A1 southbound, then rejoin the A1 northbound to exit at A52.
A38, A516 to Derby City Hospital, Derby City: Communication works
The northbound carriageway will be closed from 8pm on 7 April to 5am on 8 April. A diversion will take drivers straight to Kingsway roundabout.
A38 Allestree to Little Eaton, Derby City: Carriageway resurfacing
From 8pm on 8 April to 6am on 9 April, the northbound carriageway will be closed for resurfacing. For motorway traffic, the diversion will take drivers off at Kingsway island, onto the A52 to M1 junction 25 northbound to junction 28. Non-motorway traffic can exit the A38 onto the A6 and rejoin the A38 at Coxbench.
A38 Mickleover to Kingsway, Derby City: Communication works
From 8pm on 8 April to 5am on 9 April, the northbound carriageway will be closed. The A516 exit slip road will be closed. Drivers can carry on straight to Kingsway island.
A14 junction 7 to 9, Northamptonshire: Widening
- From 8pm to 6am each night from Tuesday 7 April to Friday 10 April, the westbound carriageway will be closed. Lane two on the eastbound carriageway will also be closed.
- From 8pm to 8am each night from Friday 10 April to Sunday 12 April, the eastbound carriageway will be closed.
A42, J13 - Jct 23a M1, Leicestershire: Litter clearance
Until 19 April, there will be lane closures north and southbound from 6am to 12pm.
A43 Padbury Roundabout to Barley Mow roundabout, Oxfordshire: Resurfacing
Until May 9 2015, there will be northbound carriageway closures and roundabout lane closures from 7.30pm to 6am. Main diversion is via M40 to Junction 11 and A422, to rejoin A43 at Oxford Road Roundabout just south of Brackley. A non-motorway route, via B430/A34/A41/A4421/A421, is also provided.
A45 Wootton to Weston Favell, Northamptonshire: Carriageway repairs
Up until 18 April, there will be overnight carriageway closures on either the north or southbound between 8pm and 6am, with a temporary 50mph speed restriction.
A45 Queen Eleanor to Billing, Northamptonshire: Carriageway repair
Lane one and entry slip roads will be closed northbound from 9pm to 6am each night on 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 April. A diversion will take drivers to join the A45 southbound to the next junction, then off the A45 and back to join the northbound carriageway.
A52 Bingham, Nottinghamshire: Resurfacing
From 2 March to 13 April there will be overnight closures of either the east or westbound carriageway between Saxondale roundabout and the junction of the A52 with Grantham Road, Bingham. Access to Bingham and surrounding villages will be maintained. Through traffic will be diverted via the A1 to Newark and A46 to Bingham, or vice versa. Closures take place from 8pm to 6am each night.
A453 widening from M1 junction 24 to A52: Major improvement work
- On 8 April and 9 April, the A453 westbound from Silverdale roundabout to Farnborough Road junction will be closed between 8pm and 5.30am, and again between 9pm on April 10 and 5.30am on April 11. A diversion into Clifton is in place, via the A52/M1 junction 25 to junction 24 to the A453.
- There will be a full closure on Green Street from Barton Lane to new Road from 6pm on 10 April to 6pm 12 April. Access to Manor Road will also be closed during this period. A diversion is in place: via Mill Hill roundabout, the A453 and West Leake junction.
M1 junction 24/A50 Approach Economy Scheme
Work to improve the capacity and traffic flows at M1 Junction 24 is nearing completion.
Customers travelling to and from East Midlands Airport should allow extra time for their journeys during this work, particularly if they have a flight to catch. For real time traffic information visit www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
Members of the public should contact the Information Line on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.