Bilateral Programme Fund (BPF):
The Bilateral Programme Fund (BPF) helps support reform in the Western Balkans and Turkey. The BPF funds projects between £10,000 and £80,000 and above £80,000 aimed at supporting FCO strategic priorities and individual Post objectives. The UK is a strong supporter of Turkey’s EU accession and bidders should consider the areas raised in the EU progress report in preparing their bids.
The BPF project bids are shortlisted at Post by the Project Selection Committee and sent to London to be evaluated for funding by the Programme Board. To apply for FCO funding, interested organisations must submit a project proposal (please see below) to the Embassy’s Project Section. This will provide the basic information required to enable the Project Selection Committee to make an assessment whether or not the proposal will be shortlisted.
All projects submitted must directly support at least one of the priority objectives for 2016/17 of the Bilateral Programme Fund. These are as follows;
A. Enable strong rule of law, including through strengthening reforms in the justice sector, countering corruption, organised crime and promoting human rights
B. Establish and promote proper functioning core institutions to support democratic governance and economic reform in Turkey
C. Support enhanced political dialog and regional conflict resolution
All Bilateral Programme Fund projects must clearly demonstrate how they:
- Support the priorities
- Deliver value for money (VfM)
- Meet OECD criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding
- Aim to complete 90% ODA spend by the end of December 2016
Frequently asked questions:
Managerial and Financial Aspects:
- Any organisation can apply for funding. We do not accept project bids submitted by individuals.
- Projects spanning one financial year are permitted
- Please note that we cannot make pre-payments; the successful bidders should make the payment and then ask us to reimburse these expenses. The implementer should be able to receive money transfers from us.
- Organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the Embassy may request reports by auditors.
We regret that we are unable to fund:
- academic courses
- charitable activities
- commercial activities
- infrastructure or construction projects
- Humanitarian aid
- A partnership framework to support the broader engagement of a project can strengthen your bid
- Other sources of funding should be specified in the project bid
- British Embassy’s profile in the project must be guaranteed
Evaluation of project bids:
- The application must relate to one or more of the priority objectives
- The aims should be concise, feasible and sustainable
- The expected outcomes should be measurable
- The target group should be clearly defined and involved in project implementation
Approval, contract and reporting:
If the project is approved, the applicant will be given two copies of the contract, outlining the conditions of the grant. One signed copy must be returned to the British Embassy in Ankara.
The Embassy will require monthly financial reports and quarterly project progress reports from implementers. The first payment will be made upon the receipt of monthly financial report. When the project has been completed the implementer shall prepare and send a final report to the Embassy within the period specified in the contract.
Implementation time frame:
Successful applicants will implement their projects from April 2016 until February 2017. All payment requests should be finalised in the first week of March 2017, so please plan accordingly.
Please send bid forms by email to Projects_RE@fco.gov.uk. Project proposal forms should be sent to by Tuesday 16 February 2016.
Please submit your concept bid with the subject line:
(Name of your organisation) BPB 2016-17 project proposal (for projects between £10,000 and £80,000)
(Name of your organisation) BPF 2016-17 project proposal (for projects above £80,000)
Only successful bidders will be contacted.
If you require further information, please contact projects team of the Embassy:
Özge Manyas: Ozge.Manyas@fco.gov.uk
Neşedil Akkerman: Nese.Akkerman@fco.gov.uk
Yiğit Kader: Yigit.Kader@fco.gov.uk