Lloyd’s Register, British Geological Survey (BGS) and Schlumberger are the successful recipients of the contracts, all of which have a three-year term.
Gunther Newcombe, OGA Exploration, Production and Decommissioning Director, said: “In order to fulfil OGA’s goal to maximise economic value of the UKCS, it is vital we can independently assess remaining undiscovered resources and improve our geotechnical understanding.
“In addition, OGA is seeking to drive regional development and protect critical infrastructure while promoting the best application of new technologies. The award of these contracts provides a valuable, additional technical resource to the OGA’s Exploration, Production and Decommissioning team.”
Lloyd’s Register has been awarded two of the four contracts to provide regional exploration maps and regional and field support engineering services to the OGA.
BGS will provide geoscience project services that aid the identification, definition and quantification of leads and prospects and provide input data to the calculation of undiscovered resource volumes.
Schlumberger will provide OGA with subsurface studies and reservoir evaluation services.
Notes to editors:
- The OGA has been set up to regulate, influence and promote the UK oil and gas industry and has been provided with a range of new powers to enable it to do so
- The four contracts awarded are outlined in the OGA’s Corporate Plan 2016-2021 They replace the Oil & Gas Maximising Recovery Programme (OGMRP) contracts
- The OGA has begun publishing a series of strategies which represent a key step in setting the strategic direction of how the OGA and industry will work together to maximise economic recovery (MER) from the UKCS
- Here is the OGA Decommissioning Strategy
- Here is the OGA Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Strategy
- The Data Strategy, Technology Strategy, Supply Chain Strategy, Exploration Strategy and Asset Stewardship Strategy are due to be released later this summer
- The OGA recently launched the 29th Offshore Licensing Round with more than 1200 blocks on offer. Applications must be submitted before 14:00 on 26th October 2016
For more information please contact:
Press and Media Advisor
Oil & Gas Authority
Tel: +44 (0) 300 020 1072