New Ministers for ECGD: ministerial responsibilities confirmed
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Details of the Export Credits Guarantee Department (ECGD)'s new ministerial team.
The Export Credits Guarantee Department’s (ECGD) new ministerial team:
The Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable
Vince Cable is the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills and President of the Board of Trade.
He has overall responsibility for the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) strategy and policies, and the BIS budget, with a particular focus on business and banking issues, and is the lead Cabinet Minister for reducing regulatory burdens across Government, as well as having responsibility for ECGD.
Edward Davey MP
Edward Davey is the Minister for Employment Relations, Consumer and Postal Affairs, and has responsibility for ECGD.
His responsibilities include:
- postal affairs (Royal Mail and Post Office Limited)
- employment relations (including Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas))
- consumer policy and consumer affairs
- competition policy
- corporate governance
- company law (including Companies House)
- social enterprise
- Insolvency Service (including company investigations)
- general oversight of Shareholder Executive and its portfolios
- co-ordination of European business
- Export Credits Guarantee Department
- trade policy
Published: 25 May 2010
From: UK Export Finance