National Diabetes Information Service (NDIS) masterclasses open
Registration is now open for the remaining NDIS masterclasses on diabetes data and intelligence.
National Diabetes Information Service, of which PHE is a partner, is running a series of masterclasses across England for health professionals who want to find out more about using diabetes data and intelligence to inform their service planning and improve quality of care and outcomes.
These free practical afternoon sessions give health practitioners the skills and understanding needed to make best use of NDIS’s diabetes tools and resources, many of which are now available at clinical commissioning group (CCG) level. Attendees investigate their own local data and leave the sessions with increased understanding of how to use their data and information, to improve the quality of care and outcomes.
Dates are now available for the remaining masterclasses and registration is open:
- West Midlands: Thursday 5 September 2013, Jury’s Inn Birmingham
- South East Coast: Thursday 12 September 2013, Ramada Plaza London Gatwick
- South West: Thursday 17 October 2013, Bristol
- Greater Manchester, Lancashire and South Cumbria: Thursday 21 November 2013, Manchester
- North East, North Cumbria and the Hambleton and Richmondshire districts of North Yorkshire: Thursday 12 December 2013, Newcastle
- Cheshire and Mersey: Thursday 16 January 2014, Liverpool
- East of England: Thursday 20 February 2014, Ely
All sessions run from midday to 4:00pm.
Dr Bob Young, Consultant Diabetologist, Salford Foundation NHS Trust and NDIS Clinical Lead, said:
We have now run four of these workshops and have been delighted to share the NDIS tools with colleagues and immediately see delegates beginning to put their new-found understanding into practice. At each, we’ve had a local case study, showing how NDIS tools and resources are already helping people improve services on the ground.