Over half a million drivers have used the DVLA’s Driver Licence Online service to renew the photo on their licence statistics released by DVLA today (17 August 2012) show.
Almost 60% of renewals are being completed by men. 459 reverends, 4 professors and 1 Lady also used the online service to renew their licence.
David Hancock, Director of Electronic Services and Data Input said:
The statistics released today show that more and more people are using our online service to apply for their new driving licence. This easy to use renewal service is quick, efficient and allows them to apply at a time that is convenient to them.
For further information see DVLA’s electronic services
The table below shows the top 10 regions where drivers have renewed their licence online.
||Number of driving licence renewals online
|Newcastle Upon Tyne
Notes to editors
The statistics quoted cover the number of online driving licence renewals completed since the transaction was added in February 2011.
In this period a total of 530,541 drivers opted to use the online service.
To renew the photo on your driving licence online you need to:
- have a valid UK passport issued within the last five years
- be a resident of Great Britain
- pay £20.00 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
- not currently be prevented from driving for any reason
- provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years
- have your driving licence (if you do not have your driving licence you must indicate why as part of your application)