This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The British Embassy and its partners launched a campaign to boost awareness of the presence of British retail brands in the Philippines.
Get inspired by British creativity as the GREAT campaign makes its way to your favourite malls!
Shopaholics and fashionistas can update their wardrobe with the latest trends in British fashion and win GREAT prizes by joining the GREAT British Shopping Contest. The more you shop, the more chances to win.
Go shopping in participating British stores for a chance to win a trip for two to London via Etihad Airways with pocket money; a Php50,000 shopping spree in Marks & Spencer, Fitness First gym memberships, and many other prizes worth over PHP200,000. The contest runs from October 1 to November 26. Use any HSBC credit card and double your chances of winning.
During the launch in Robinson’s Magnolia, British Ambassador Asif Ahmad invited everyone to join the GREAT British Shopping Contest:
The grand prize winner will get to travel to one of the greatest fashion destinations of the world. From the upmarket shops in Knightsbridge, to the stores in the city of Manchester, Britain presents a GREAT shopping experience you won’t ever forget. Stella McCartney, John Galliano and many others have become the pace setters in the world of fashion. Their inspiration comes from people watching in Britain and drawing creativity from their lifestyles.
British creativity is the source of many global trends, be it casual or work wear, baby clothes or the attire of stylish senior citizens. Rural inspired clothes have become urban chic and the practical need to beat the winter or rainy days are turned into fashion statements.
If you can’t fly to Britain, don’t worry, Great Britain is coming to you. There are prizes to go for so that you can keep up with the latest trends in participating British stores in the Philippines with shopping vouchers. British brands and stores bring you the best of British fashion to a mall where you shop.
The participating stores and brands are: Berghaus, Burton, Clarks, Debenhams, Essensuals, French Sole, Lee Cooper, Marks & Spencer, MINI Lifestyle Products, Mitre, ROOS, Speedo, Toni & Guy, Warehouse and British brands housed in Toby’s – Berghaus, Mitre and ROOS.
Media partners of the GREAT British Shopping Contest are: ANC, The Philippine Star, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 96.3 Easy Rock, Magic 89.9, 103.5 KLite, Jam 88.3, Wave 89.1 and 99.5 Play FM.
Shopping Contest mechanics
Contest Duration: 1 October – 26 November 2014 Draw date: 1 December 2014
How to join: Single receipt purchase of Php 2500 and above will entitle the customer to a raffle voucher. Purchases paid using HSBC credit cards will be entitled to an additional entry.
Participating brands: Berghaus, Burton, Clarks, Debenhams, Essensuals, French Sole, Lee Cooper, Marks & Spencer, MINI Lifestyle Products, Mitre, ROOS, Speedo, Toni & Guy, Warehouse ( found in Toby’s).
- One winner of 2 round trip economy tickets to London from Etihad Airways with £300 pocket money from HSBC.
- One winner of a Php 50,000 shopping spree in Marks & Spencer
- Three winners of Fitness First Annual Passport Premium Club
- Two winners of:
- Php 10,000 of shopping vouchers from Debenhams each
- Php 10,000 of shopping vouchers from Lee Cooper each
- Php 9,000 of shopping vouchers from MINI Lifestyle Merchandise each
- Php 9,000 of shopping Vouchers from Clarks each
- Php 9,000 of shopping vouchers from Burton each
- Php 9,000 of shopping vouchers from French Sole each
- Php 9,000 of shopping vouchers from Warehouse each
- Php 9,000 of shopping vouchers from Speedo each
- One winner of:
- Php 7,500 of shopping vouchers from Mitre
- Php 7,500 of shopping vouchers from Berghaus
- Php 5,000 of shopping vouchers from ROOS
- Four (4) winners of Toni & Guy/Essensuals gift certificates worth Php 5,000 each