Job description – Communications Officer
The British Embassy in Buenos Aires is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in its Political and Communications Team. The team is responsible for promoting UK values and reputation through press work, strategic campaigns (including digital) and staging events.
Working to the Head of Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Embassy digital channels and assist in all aspects of Embassy communications campaigns and activities to promote the UK in Argentina.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties are to:
• Design the Embassy digital strategy and manage content and campaigns for all Embassy digital channels: website, Facebook and Twitter. Identify and engage the key digital stakeholders in the Argentine context. Provide evaluation through monthly reports.
• Draft press releases, mailshots, website articles, briefings and speeches as required. Assist with media management at Embassy events.
• Assist the Embassy Head of Communications to provide daily news updates for the Ambassador and other internal stakeholders.
• Assist the Embassy Head of Communications to develop public relations campaigns which promote the UK, for example via the GREAT campaign.
• Ensure all material produced by the Embassy follows the branding guidelines. Develop and redesign new material for staff to use.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will:
• Be fluent in Spanish and have strong English language skills. Be able to communicate effectively on social media in either language.
• A communications related degree would be an advantage
• Have experience in managing websites and social media. Experience in photography and video production would be an advantage.
• Experience public relations, event management or journalism would be an advantage.
• Be able to build their own network of contacts in relevant sectors, particularly within the media An existing broad range of contacts across the PR/media sector in Argentina would be an advantage.
Be a proactive and flexible team player, happy to help out with all aspects of the team’s work.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. Salary range can be provided on application.
Terms and Conditions
The job is being offered on a full time permanent contract. The starting salary will be based on experience / qualifications. The successful candidate will be entitled to 20 working days leave a year and 14 days public holidays (a mixture of British and Argentine public holidays). Working hours: Monday-Thursday 9 to 17.30hs (with one hour break for lunch) and Fridays 9 to 14hs. The person occupying this position will be asked to attend some events during the evening with the possibility of compensating the hours.
How to Apply
A covering letter and CV in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ‘REF: Communications Officer’ before 6 April.
Applications will not be returned and we regret that due to the large volume of expected applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.