UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £25 million to work on innovative technologies, future products and services.
Innovate UK has up to £25 million to invest in emerging and enabling technologies that could support UK economic growth in the future.
Projects can be carried out in a range of areas including:
- emerging technologies such as biofilms, energy harvesting, graphene and imaging
- digital technologies
- electronics sensors and photonics
- robotics and autonomous systems
- creative economy and design
- space applications
The aim is to support technologies that have the potential to transform commercial markets or that could make a difference to UK economic growth across many different sectors.
Up to £15 million of the funding has been set aside for research and development projects. A further £10 million is for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.
- the competition opens on 4 September 2017, and the deadline for applications is midday on 8 November 2017
- research and development projects:
- must involve at least one SME, working alone or in collaboration
- must involve at least 2 partners working together if project costs are more than £100,000
- can vary in size between £35,000 and £2 million and last between 3 months and 3 years
- businesses can attract up to 70% of their total project costs
- funding is available for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, which link a business with an academic or research organisation and a qualified graduate
- briefing events take place across the UK during September