Your key responsibilities will include:
- deploying to accident sites and leading investigations
- collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses
- conducting detailed analysis in order to identify safety issues and draft recommendations
- writing investigation reports and safety bulletins
- giving evidence at inquests and fatal accident inquiries
You should have extensive senior management experience at sea and ashore in an engineering role.
You must be prepared to travel throughout the UK (for which you will need a full UK driving licence) as well as overseas.
For further information about this position and how to apply see Civil Service Jobs, Inspector of Marine Accidents - Engineering, Ref: 1636168.
Closing date: 12 August 2019.