Innovate UK, Digital Catapult and the British Consulate General Boston are inviting female entrepreneurs to take part in a new global trade mission to the US.
EMERGE Boston 2017 is a one-week delegation of female founders to Boston, Massachusetts. It takes place from 10 to 15 October 2017.
The mission will coincide with Boston’s HUBweek, a collaboration that will bring together the most creative and inventive minds in technology, science and innovation.
EMERGE Boston 2017 will provide access to new international market opportunities for up to 15 UK SMEs looking to grow globally. It offers:
- access to Boston’s innovation community and networks
- a chance to pitch your ideas to investors
- mentoring support
- practical workshops
- coaching and training
Are you eligible?
EMERGE is for female-led innovative startups and SMEs based in the UK. You can apply if you are a female founder working in human and computer interaction innovation with high growth potential. These can include:
- artificial intelligence / machine learning
- the Internet of Things
- virtual and augmented reality
How to apply
register your interest and receive application details by email
- complete the application form and provide a link to your 2-minute video pitch
- contribute £1,500 towards the cost of the mission
- the deadline for applications is Monday 4 September 2017
- we will notify successful applicants on Friday 15 September 2017
Innovate UK launched the infocus programme in 2016. Its aims are to:
- get more women innovating in business
- give female entrepreneurs the support they need to grow their businesses
- create new role models for the next generation
Why go on a mission?
Take part in EMERGE Boston 2017 and you could:
- get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in exporting to the US
- find potential customers, investors and partners
- get insight into new markets for human machine interaction
- discover fresh ideas and insight from international thought leaders
- boost your profile in the UK and overseas through the GREAT Britain campaign
- improve your company and product pitches for international customers and investors
- learn how to develop a market-entry strategy