This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Update on the industrial strategy for the conference held on 11 September 2013.
Global competition is increasing, but so are the opportunities for the UK. To compete effectively we have to be smarter and more confident, removing barriers and make it easier for British businesses to grow. By doing so we create future jobs and economic growth, and further reduce the national debt.
We have approached industrial strategy in partnership with business. We are working together on long-term strategies to make the UK more competitive, by:
- creating a new and lasting way of improving the UK’s competitive position worldwide
- being proud of the world-leading technologies and globally successful UK businesses
- facilitating jobs for a highly-skilled workforce, leading to growth and prosperity for future generations
Industrial strategy conference updates
We live tweeted the conference: see #ISC13
- Vince Cable’s conference speech
- John Cridland, CBI Director General, talks about how business and government work together
- Joanna Shields, Chief Executive Officer of Tech City, talks about the relationship between government and business
PDF, 1.61MB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Overview of industrial strategy
Business Secretary Vince Cable talks about industrial strategy
- Securing Jobs and a Stronger Economy: Analytical Insights
- Growth Dashboard
- Research for the international education sector International Higher Education in the UK: Wider Benefits
- A new vehicle rolls off a UK production line every 20 seconds: short video
- industrial strategy policy including overviews of:
- industrial sector strategies
- sector infographics that show why the 11 sectors are important to the UK economy
Published: 11 September 2013
Updated: 11 September 2013
- Updated to include links to Vince Cable's conference speech and more audio and video links from the conference.
- Updated with new conference material from the morning of 11 September 2013.
- First published.