Focused on the areas of youth, community and service, the visit reflected the strong relationship between the UK and Chile.
HRH The Earl of Wessex visited Chile between Wednesday 14 and Friday 16 September. The visit supported the United Kingdom’s interests in the region and reflected the strong relationship between Chile and the UK. The visit also allowed the Prince to build on the links he established with organisations in Chile during his official visit in March 2005.
In Chile, His Royal Highness met local authorities and visited organisations which he supports, including:
- The firefighters of the 14th Fire Company, of which he is Honorary Member.
- The Grange School where he promoted The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
- The firefighters of the 11th Fire Company (founded by British volunteers) and the British Arch, where he met local authorities and representatives of the British community.
- The headquarters of the Chilean Navy in Valparaíso, where he met the CinC of the Chilean Navy, Admiral Enrique Larrañaga, and other high ranking naval officials.
- The Chilean-British Cultural University in Santiago.
- A reception at the British Residence, where His Royal Highness met young leaders and key local contacts.
For more information about the events and activities of the British Embassy in Santiago, follow us on: