How community foundations can revitalise your dormant trust fund – and even continue to administer it in line with its original purposes.
Running a charity takes time and effort. If it becomes too much, you may decide to close your charity.
Before you do, consider if a local Community Foundation could take over your dormant or ineffective trust fund and carry on its work.
For example, if you:
- can’t find suitable beneficiaries or spend the charity’s income
- provide money to the same people or groups every year
- find it hard to attract trustees
- want to be involved in how the money is spent but don’t want the legal responsibility of being a trustee
- want help in identifying local issues and opportunities - and which are most in need of funding
To close, merge or transfer a trust fund to a Community Foundation, contact:
UKCF Trust Transfer Associate