Housing design seminar: Sheffield - 3 February 2016
Presentations from the Homes and Communities Agency’s housing design seminar held at the University of Sheffield, at 3 February 2016
Presentations from the Homes and Communities Agency’s housing design seminar held at the University of Sheffield, at 3 February 2016.
The well-attended event informed and inspired partners to deliver high quality and well-designed places and included
- the latest national picture in terms of policy development and the use of standards
- case studies from HCA and partners who have successfully delivered good quality new homes
- research on parking provision within residential developments, and how to improve layouts to increase resident satisfaction
- a focus on offsite manufacture, including several companies that are in the process of, or already delivering a variety of modular homes
Download videos and presentations:
01 - Naz Parkar - Homes and Communities Agency (PDF, 1.48MB, 14 pages)
02 - Jane Briginshaw - Homes and Communities Agency (PDF, 1.19MB, 17 pages)
03 - Helen Forman - Homes and Communites Agency (PDF, 1.67MB, 18 pages)
04 - Tom Ground - L&G Homes (PDF, 1.83MB, 19 pages)
05 - James McMillan - Modular Allianz (PDF, 772KB, 20 pages)
06 - Oliver Novakovic - Barratt (PDF, 848KB, 11 pages)
07 - Owen Daggett - Joseph Rowntree Foundation (PDF, 1.81MB, 19 pages)
08 - Richard Partington - Studio Partington (PDF, 2.15MB, 28 pages)
09 - David Roberts - Igloo (PDF, 3.85MB, 23 pages)
10 - Cany Ash - Ash Sakula (PDF, 9.86MB)
11 - David Rudlin - URBED (PDF, 5.5MB, 54 pages)
Published: 10 February 2016
Updated: 11 February 2016
- Removed one presentation at the request of the manager.
- First published.