Innovate UK is to invest £19 million in projects that test new infrastructure technologies for the first time in user-facing applications.
Innovate UK is inviting businesses to test and evaluate new infrastructure technologies for the first time in real-world environments.
The aim of this competition is to make sure that innovative infrastructure systems are ready for market by proving:
- the financing and business models for the innovation
- that the innovation delivers the expected outcomes
We are also looking for projects that provide information about the role new financial products can play in supporting this stage of the commercialisation process.
The competition will be in 2 phases:
- phase 1 is a funded study, with projects ranging in size and total costs of up to £50,000
- phase 2 is for testing innovations in a commercial environment. Phase 2 projects should range in size from total costs of £250,000 to £5 million
- This competition opens on 18 July 2016
- The registration deadline is noon on 24 August 2016
- The application deadline is noon on 31 August 2016
- There is a briefing event in London on 12 July 2016
- Projects must involve an end customer and include an SME
- A business must lead the project