World news story
First ever ‘GREAT British festival’ in Kerala
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Over 35 British companies will participate and encourage new partnerships in Kerala in India.
Following HRH The Prince of Wales’ visit to Kochi in November 2013, the first ever GREAT British festival in Kerala will be held in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Wednesday, 12 March and in Kochi Friday, 14 March. The Festival, organised by the British Deputy High Commission in Chennai, will showcase UK’s commitment to Kerala through its innovation and expertise in:
- creative and digital media/ICT
- financial Services
Over 35 British companies will participate and encourage new partnerships in Kerala.
Bharat Joshi, British Deputy High Commissioner in Chennai said,
The Royal visit was evidence of how much the UK values the relationship with God’s Own Country. The visit on 12 March in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) and 14 March in Kochi will help build on even closer partnerships for the benefit of both our countries. And they give me another opportunity to visit this beautiful part of India.
GREAT British Festival in Kochi - Brochure (PDF, 673KB, 6 pages)
GREAT British Festival in Trivandrum - Brochure (PDF, 265KB, 1 page)
GREAT British Festival in Trivandrum - Programme (PDF, 133KB, 1 page)
- The GREAT British festival in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) is being held at Taj Vivanta. Please contact Sriram Rajaraman for more information.
- ‘The GREAT British Festival in Kochi, organised by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) will celebrate UK’s innovation and expertise. The Festival will be held on Friday, 14 March at the Grand Ballroom, Crowne Plaza hotel in Kochi. Indian companies interested in participating are requested to contact Arun Abraham.
- Event partners include the Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) for meetings with Government (B2G) and Cochin Chamber of Commerce and Industries (CCCI) for Business to Business (B2B). There will also be representation from HMG partners including the British Council, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI), Invest Northern Ireland (INI), Scottish Development International (SDI), and the Welsh Development Agency (WDA).
- UKTI is a joint department of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and the Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS).
- For media queries contact Anita Mawdsley, Press & Public Affairs Officer, British Deputy High Commission, Chennai. Mobile: +91-96001-99956.