World news story
Exporting electrical products to Japan
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
A recording of a UKTI Japan webinar provides you with a clear understanding of the basic requirements to export electrical goods to Japan.
Although Japan is considered to be one of the world’s most advanced countries for technology and electronics, British innovation and products are still highly sought:
- renowned areas such as Tech City in London have a very high reputation in Japan
- big Japanese firms are increasingly looking to partner with UK companies to develop and create exciting new technologies.
Demand is high for electrical products from the UK, but it is not always easy to understand how to get your goods into the Japanese market.
Exporting procedures explained
In every country, there are regulatory requirements for all electrical products that are used in their markets, and this naturally applies to Japan as well. Our recorded webinar addresses these issues and will help you understand the procedures you should follow, as well as the scope of the related regulations.
You can gain a strong understanding of:
- regulations on home appliances
- the PSE Mark for electrical appliances in Japan
- license free wireless communication
- regulations on radio
- how UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) Japan and the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) can help
Watch our video to take your next steps to exporting your products to Japan.
Watch the full webinar to find out how to begin your export journey.
Contact the UKTI Japan team for further advice and support on doing business in Japan.
Find out more about exporting to Japan.