World news story
Dial into our webinar: Qatar Rail - The Inside Track
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
UKTI Doha is holding a webinar to provide an overview of opportunities associated with Qatar’s Integrated Rail Programme.
The key elements of Qatar’s £25 billion rail programme are due for delivery prior to the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The programme forms part of a ten-year, £140 billion infrastructure master plan which is a key pillar supporting the Qatar National Vision 2030. The rail programme will include:
metro (underground, at-grade and elevated)
high speed passenger (national and international)
Webinar: Qatar Rail – The Inside Track
Time: 11.30-12.30 (UK time)
Date: 10th February 2014
Contact: Sarah Taylor
Tel: +974 4496 2081
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) Doha’s 60 minute webinar will assist UK companies interested in learning more about opportunities associated with Qatar’s Integrated Rail Programme, providing:
- background briefing on Qatar
- an overview of projects and business opportunities associated with Qatar’s Integrated Rail Programme
- advice on doing business in Qatar, including legal issues and perspectives
- information on how UKTI can assist UK companies
- a platform to put questions to UKTI specialists and senior business people operating in the market
Qatar was announced as the host nation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in December 2010. With a population of 1.8 million people, Qatar will be the first Arab state to host this prestigious global sports event.
Register to join the webinar.