- Department for International Trade Defence & Security Organisation
- Part of:
- Exports and inward investment and India
- 7 April 2016
UK highlights of DEFEXPO were bilateral meetings between India and UK culminating in a UK company agreeing a £193 million contract.
The UK focus was to deliver a programme of meetings with Indian ministers and businesses for Minister Defence Procurement, and to support the 15 companies in the UK group.
The UK team also met with visiting Indian and international delegations to promote the UK’s wide ranging offer of defence products and long legacy of making in India, a strategy to build defence equipment in India.
Main activities during the 4 day event included:
- 28 delegations visiting the UK pavilion
- ministerial bilateral meetings with both Indian Defence Ministers and Indian industry
- UK Trade and Investment Defence and Security Organisation (UKTI DSO) Regional Director spoke at a joint Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) / ADS Conference on UK-India Cooperation
- a UKTI DSO official also spoke at a CII conference on Supply Chain management opportunities for Indian companies
- over 40 media engagements delivered attracting national, international and specialist coverage, including the signed contract for a £193 million submarine rescue capability by a UK company
Feedback from the UK companies was very positive, commenting on:
- the range of new and existing business opportunities the event helped them to take forward
- the important support they received from UKTI DSO
A change of location for DEFEXPO from New Delhi to Goa offered new challenges and opportunities for the visiting UK team led by Minister Defence Procurement, Philip Dunne MP, supported by:
- the British High Commissioner to India
- UKTI DSO Regional Director
- defence staff
- First Secretary Defence Supply (FSDS)
- UKTI DSO
To find out what events UKTI DSO are planning to attend and what support is available for UK companies see Defence and security exporting: event and exhibition support.
Published: 7 April 2016