The data published here provides information about the number and types of applications that Land Registry completed in December 2014.
- Land Registry completes 1,175,230 applications
- South East tops the table of regional applications with 268,149
- Birmingham tops the table of local authority applications with 17,610
The Transaction Data shows Land Registry completed 1,175,230 applications from its customers in December. This includes 1,134,196 applications by account customers, of which 334,755 were applications in respect of registered land (dealings); 464,283 were applications to obtain an official copy of a register or title plan; 179,553 were searches and 90,424 were transactions for value.
|Yorks & Humber||93,982|
|Isles of Scilly||59|
|England & Wales (not assigned)||53|
|Top three local authorities||Applications|
|City of Westminster||17,139|
|Top three customers||Transactions for value|
|My Home Move Limited||1,531|
|Top three customers||Searches|
|Optima Legal Services||5,248|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the fifteenth working day of each month. The January Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Friday 20 February 2015 on data.gov
- The monthly Transaction Data shows how many applications for first registrations, leases, transfers of part, dealings, official copies and searches lodged by Land Registry account customers were completed. Explanation of the terms used
- Transactions for value include freehold and leasehold sales.
- Most searches carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search will give the buyer priority for an application to Land Registry to register the purchase of the property. For information about the different types of search.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been an open document since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing over 24 million titles, Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on Twitter @LandRegGov. Find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and our blog.
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
Published: 22 January 2015
From: HM Land Registry