This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
There is just 1 week left to enter a nomination for the 2012 Compact Awards, run annually to celebrate good partnership across sectors.
There is just one week left to enter a nomination for the 2012 Compact Awards, which are run annually to celebrate good partnership working across sectors.
Award winners will be chosen from those groups, individuals, organisations and activities which highlight and demonstrate the very best of Compact working.
Winning a Compact Award can be beneficial in a number of ways, primarily through raising awareness of your work and your local Compact, adding credibility to your work and can be useful for including in funding applications.
You can nominate yourself, another individual, a local Compact group or an organisation (voluntary and community organisations and statutory bodies are eligible).
The awards will be presented during a special invitation-only ceremony during Compact Week 2012 (5 to 9 November).
There are 6 categories to choose from, including:
- Compact Leadership Award: for the person or group showing outstanding leadership which has directly led to consistent championing and support for the Compact
- Compact Innovation Award: for the group or project which has developed a new on-going approach to improving or supporting Compact working, particularly those demonstrating creative solutions to difficult situation
- Local Compact Partnership Award: for a group or partnership that has shown continued outstanding commitment to the Compact, with demonstrable on-going outcomes and improvements delivered and communicated for the communities in which they work.
- Compact Impact Award: for the group or individual who has used the principles of the Compact to challenge, improve, or develop creative solutions to emerging issues or challenges.
- Compact Advancing Equality Award: for Compact partnerships, groups or activities which demonstrate an outstanding commitment to equality, through promoting services, activities, or events which help advance equality of opportunity, or actively seek to tackle and challenge discrimination.
- Compact Engagement Award for examples or instances of excellence in engagement using the principles of the Compact, ensuring that the design and delivery of services is based on a comprehensive understanding of community need.
If you are interested in submitting a nomination for the Compact Awards 2012, it is straightforward to do so - visit Compact Awards 2012 for more information and guidance.