Innovate UK is inviting UK-based businesses to apply for a share of up to £6 million to commercialise quantum technologies.
This competition aims to encourage collaborative feasibility studies that will improve understanding of the technical or market feasibility of products or services. This includes projects that focus on understanding business or market opportunities and challenges.
You can apply for funding of both technical and non-technical projects:
- technical projects will develop and establish feasibility for devices that exploit phenomena such as entanglement and superposition.
- non-technical projects will involve work to understand issues such as future markets, applications or business models
Quantum technologies is a new and exciting £1 billion sector which we predict will grow over the next decade. The UK National Quantum Programme is funding this competition as part of the government’s £270 million investment in establishing the UK as a global leader in this large and promising future industry.
- this competition opens today
- the application deadline is Wednesday 20 September 2017
- proposals must be collaborative
- a UK-based business or research and technology organisation must lead the project
- there will be a briefing webinar for potential applicants on Wednesday 26 July 2017
- projects should last between 3 months and one year
- total project costs should be between £40,000 and £500,000