Civil news: new contact email for urgent high cost work
Change of process when contacting the high cost civil team.
There are now 2 email addresses for providers to use when contacting the high cost civil team.
This includes work we will accept as urgent and commit to do in 48 hours. It includes:
- fully completed APP6s & urgent judicial review APP1s (merits decisions)
- court hearing or limitation within next 5 days
- reasons why your client’s case will be prejudiced if the matter is not dealt with urgently
Contact email: Urgenthighcostcivil@legalaid.gsi.gov.uk
All other enquiries
Non-urgent work will be completed within normal published service standards as long as we have received all of the relevant and properly completed documentation.
To help ensure work is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible providers should ensure e-mails are sent to the correct address.
Remember also to put the relevant legal category into subject heading of the email:
- actions against police/judicial review
- clinical negligence/education judicial review
- child abuse/failure to remove
- HC family/court of protection
- housing and general civil work
- terrorism environment and multi-party actions
Contact email: email@example.com
Immigration and asylum and associated applications
The contact details for this area of work remains the same. All work requiring urgent or immediate action or very high cost case plans and/or contracts can be sent to:
Civil high cost cases – general guidance and contact details
Published: 5 February 2015
From: Legal Aid Agency