From 24 March 2014 our new commercial partner Teleperformance Ltd will take over the running of our Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Morocco. The VAC will move from the British Embassy Rabat to:
UK Visa Application Centre
9 Rue Al Koufa
Avenue Moulay Youssef
Completed applications will be sent to Decision Making Centre in Paris for processing. Processing target times will remain unchanged and VAC staff will play no part in the decision making process. For further details on the application process and processing times please visit the UK Visas & Immigration pages.
In addition we are making the following changes to the visa service we offer in Morocco. These are:
- Extended Opening Hours. The VAC will be open from 0830-1600 Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
- A Priority Visa Service will be available at a charge of £100, payable in Moroccan Dirhams either online or by cash/debit card at the Visa Application Centre. The service allows you to have your visa application placed at the front of the queue by the Decision Making Centre in Paris normally enabling a decision within 5 working days. This cost is in addition to your visa application fee and is non-refundable.
Further details on all of the services, including eligibility criteria, is available on the UK Visa Application Centre website.
Visa changes: Frequently asked questions
What has changed about the process for getting a visa in Morocco?
Customers will no longer submit their visa applications at the British Embassy but at the Visa Application Centre at 9 Rue Al Koufa, Avenue Moulay Youssef, Rabat.
Decisions on visas will no longer be made locally in Rabat but by an Entry Clearance Officer in Paris. Printing of vignettes will take place in Rabat.
So what is the process now for applicants?
The applicant applies on line as before (on the UK visa website), registers an account and makes an appointment on line. They then register with the VAC to confirm their appointment. The Visa Application Centre website sets out clearly the steps for applying for a visa.
What are the benefits of the new arrangements?
The new Visa Application Centre offers several benefits for visa applicants:
- Applicants will automatically receive live updates by text and email on the progress of their visa applications
- The Visa Application Centre will offer longer opening hours, meaning that twice as many appointments are available
- The location of the Visa Application Centre is in central Rabat, with good access to public transport links.
Will the visas now be more expensive?
There will be no change to visa fees.
How far in advance do I have to apply?
On applying you will be offered a visa appointment within 2-5 days. For non-settlement applications, a decision will then be made within 15 working days, and for most settlement cases a decision will be made within 60 working days.
These timings are the same all over the world and are unaffected by the recent changes.
Please take account of these service times when making your travel plans.
What if I need a visa more quickly than that?
There is a paid Priority Visa Processing option which costs £100 and means that a decision will be taken within 5 working days.
Diplomatic or official passport holders with Note Verbales travelling on official business will benefit from the priority visa service without paying the fee.
Mauritanians not resident in Morocco will also benefit from the priority visa service without paying the fee.
What does the Premium Lounge service at the VAC offer?
The Premium Lounge Service at the Visa Application Centre costs £89 and includes the following benefits:
- Direct access to our premium counter where an agent will verify the documents provided, and capture your biometric information in a single location
- Free cold and hot beverages
- A personal attendant during the course of your submission process
- Free photocopying (limited quantity), email printing, and computer access
Please note that the Premium Lounge Service is separate to the Priority Visa Processing option.
The answers to questions about the visa application process can be found on the UK Government website.
If you have questions about your own visa application, please contact email@example.com or call 0537633381.