Cell and gene therapies industrial manufacture: apply for funding
Businesses can apply for a share of £11 million for projects to stimulate large-scale manufacture in the cell and gene therapy sector.
Innovate UK is investing up to £11 million in projects to stimulate large-scale manufacturing in the cell and gene therapy sector. These will be collaborative research and development projects.
We are seeking proposals to industrialise established manufacturing processes for cell and gene therapies. The aim of this competition is to develop the manufacturing capability of candidate cell and gene therapies. This is so they are ready for pivotal clinical trials and early market supply.
- the competition opens on 26 September 2016
- the registration deadline is noon on 16 November 2016
- the application deadline is noon on 23 November 2016
- a business must lead the project
- businesses must work with at least one other organisation
- we expect projects to range in size from total costs of £1 million to £2.5 million
- projects should last between 1 and 3 years
- there will be a briefing event for potential applicants on 5th October 2016