CCS delivers £5.9 billion savings in 2014/15
CCS publishes its first Annual Report and Accounts.
The Crown Commercial Service’s first Annual Report and Accounts have been published today. CCS supported the delivery of £5.9 billion savings for the taxpayer in 2014/15. These savings were achieved through a combination of price and demand related savings on common goods and services, leveraging relationships with suppliers and spending controls.
Further statistics and highlights for the year include:
- Spend channelled through centralised arrangements from departments and public sector organisations including health, local government and education of £15.1 billion
- Transitioned spend on common goods and services from seven departments, providing a managed service and managing 450+ contracts
- Provided advisory support to approximately 50 departments’ projects
- Strengthened leadership and governance
- Improved capability and increased capacity – recruitment of highly experienced commercial specialists to deliver better services and superior savings for customers
- Supported departments in channelling 26.1% of central government spend through small and medium sized businesses by May 2015, exceeding 25% aspiration
- Successful implementation of new EU procurement directives 14 months ahead of deadline, enabling businesses to benefit early from the increased flexibilities in the regulations.
Read our Annual Report and Accounts.
Published: 20 July 2015
From: Crown Commercial Service