A spokesperson for the Official Receiver said:
A further 14 employees have transferred to new suppliers over the past week and regrettably 28 staff will be leaving the business later this week. Jobcentre Plus’ RapidResponse Service will provide them with every support to find new work.
I would like to thank all staff for the professionalism they have shown throughout the liquidation.
- in total, to date 12,338 jobs (68% of the pre-liquidation workforce) have been saved and 2,403 (13%) jobs have been made redundant through the liquidation
- a further 1,249 employees have left the business during the liquidation through finding new work, retirement or for other reasons
- this information does not include jobs attached to contracts where an intention to purchase has been entered into but has not yet formally occurred
- approximately 2,100 employees are currently retained to enable Carillion to deliver the remaining services it is providing for public and private sector customers until decisions are taken to transfer or cease these contracts
- further information about rights in redundancy is available on gov.uk