Government response

Broadband speeds

Where to go for enquiries about broadband.

This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government


Enquiries about telephone services and accessing better speeds and improved broadband connections should be made to your communications service provider.

Complaining about service levels

The level of service a communications service provider provides is a commercial matter and Government has no power to intervene. However, if you feel you have been poorly or unreasonably dealt with as a customer, contact either the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) or Ombudsman Services.

International Dispute Resolution Centre
70 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1EU

Email: Tel: 020 7520 3814 Fax: 020 7520 3829 Textphone: 020 7520 3767

Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington WA4 6WU

What DCMS do

We are responsible for broadband policy and delivery. Our ambition is to achieve a reansformation in broadband in the UK by 2015.

Further information

Published 28 January 2013