UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) in India is organising the ‘India - UK Tech Week’ bringing together leading British and Indian information and communication technology companies across five Indian cities from 12-16 October 2015.
The events will link Indian ICT companies looking for international partners with their British counterparts, presenting the UK’s expertise and elaborating they can help Indian companies take their business global by using the UK as a base.
John Kat, UKTI’s sector specialist on ICT said:
The technology sector is one of the UK’s largest wealth creators. It has been one of the fastest-growing sectors over the past decade and plays a vital role for every other industrial sector. The UK tech sector contributes 8% to UK GVA and employs 1.2 million people. A significant amount of that innovation is being pioneered in the UK.
India - UK Tech Week will put a spotlight on the UK technology sector and help Indian companies unlock why the UK is the best place to act as a springboard to global markets.
The British delegation will meet Indian companies in each region to share with them the strengths and opportunities that exist in the UK for Indian companies looking to grow their business.
Experts from the British High Commission’s Science and Innovation teams will also showcase the UK’s successful innovation and incubation models with the aim of encouraging innovation collaboration and new investments from Indian start-ups to the UK.
The UK’s software and IT services market is one of the largest in Western Europe, valued at £58 billion per year. The UK is renowned for its strength in software development across a wide range of application areas including automotive, financial services, retail and logistics.
The Indian companies will also get an opportunity to meet visa experts and immigration solicitors who can advise companies considering setting-up in the UK.
Companies interested in participating for the events in their region can meet the UKTI delegation at:
||Hyder Mahal,ITC, Begumpet
||The Leela, Sahar, Mumbai
||ITC Windsor, Sankey Road
||Taj Man Singh (The session is part of the wider CyFy Conference, 14-16 October)
- the UK has been a popular destination for Indian investments for over 100 years
- Tata is the largest manufacturing employer in the UK at 45,000 and has invested generously in the ingenuity of its R&D centre in Coventry
- in 2014-2015 Indian investments in 122 FDI projects created 7,730 new jobs and safeguarded 1,620 jobs in UK.
- in 2014-15, the UK won a record number of investment projects and maintains position as top investment destination in Europe
- healthcare, agritech, food and drink are among key sectors for investment from India
- it takes only 13 days to set up a business in the UK. The UK is ranked 8th globally for ease of doing business
- the UK offers the lowest corporation tax rate in G20, gateway to Europe
- the UK visa regime has special provisions such as Business Entrepreneurs Programme (BEP), fast track service for major investors, regular travellers and high value customers.
Follow hashtag #IndiaUKTech on Twitter.
For media queries please contact:
Stuart Adam, Head,
Press and Communications
British High Commission, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021
Tel: 44192100; Fax: 24192411
Mail to: Jagori Dhar
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Storify, Eventbrite, Blogs, Foursquare, Youtube, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat @UKinIndia, Periscope @UKinIndia