Submissions for Moldova´s Good Governance Fund – Strategic Support Fund are now welcome.
The UK Government’s Good Governance Fund (GGF) was launched by Prime Minister David Cameron to support economic reform and good governance in Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, Serbia, and Bosnia & Herzegovina.
The GGF will support work in the following areas: anti-corruption measures, increasing transparency and accountability of local and regional governments, improving the business environment, judicial reform, key sector reforms (eg banking and energy), strengthening the rule of law and supporting an independent media. These interventions will support States to become more resilient to external and internal political and economic shocks.
This call for proposals specifically seeks applications for projects relating to the Republic of Moldova. Successful applications will be supported through the GGF’s Strategic Support Fund (SSF) which is a highly flexible funding mechanism to support small-scale reform opportunities.
We welcome projects in the value range from £20,000 up to £50,000.
- projects should demonstrate how they support the strategic priorities for the GGF and reform priorities identified in-country
- projects should have clearly defined, SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-limited) outputs and deliverables and demonstrate value for money
- SSF project partners may be local national or international organisations
- projects must cover activities which meet Official Development Assistance definitions
- funding may be awarded to consortia of local and/or international organisations; but there will need to be a clear lead organisation that will be accountable for financial and results management and delivery
- funding allocations for 2016/17 must be spent by 31 March 2017
- successful applicants will be required to submit Intermediary and final financial and narrative reporting
- as a general rule, grants should not be used to procure goods and equipment but this will be considered on a case-by-case basis; no more than 10% of project funds may be used for equipment. The Fund may not be used for gifting
- payments will be made in MDL at an FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) rate
How to apply
Applicants must complete the attached Project Proposal and Project Budget forms. Applicants must be aware that British Embassy Chisinau will accept applications until COB on 31 May 2016 subject to the availability of funds. Projects proposals submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Contact
Applicants must send the completed Project Proposal and Project Budget forms by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Document A: Good Governance Fund Strategic Support Fund 2016-17 Project Proposal Form (MS Word Document, 34.6KB)
Document B: Good Governance Strategic Support Fund Budget Template (MS Excel Spreadsheet, 69KB)
Document C: Value for Money in DFID (PDF, 2.85MB, 1 page)