26 Jul 2012
The largest set of trade and investment events ever held in this country starts today with the Government’s Global Investment Conference. The conference is the first of a series of global business summits being held in London to showcase the UK during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
[Vince Cable’s speech in full from the opening of the Global Investment Conference, 26 July
](http://www.bis.gov.uk/news/speeches/vince-cable-global-investment-conference)Watch the conference live:
Billions of pounds of UK investment
- The British Business Embassy brings together nearly 4000 world leaders, policy makers and investors to London.
- New owners of Battersea Power Station announce £8 billion development and expected 33,000 jobs.
- UK inward investment results show jobs generated by inward investment up by a fifth to over 112,000. China is now the third largest source of inward investment projects.
- Over £1 billion of deals and projects expected to be announced this summer as businesses capitalise on the Olympics.
- UK businesses attending the British Business Embassy expected to benefit by another £1 billion in the years to come.