DVLA’s fleet scheme has a number of benefits for fleet operators and it’s free to join.
DVLA allocates a fleet number which is a unique identifier for use with a company’s address. The fleet number is added to all V5C registration certificates (log books) of vehicles within that company’s fleet.
Benefits for fleet operators include:
- receiving vehicle documents in bulk including V11 & V85/1 tax reminders and V5Cs
- bulk taxation at a Post Office
- access to a dedicated fleet operator support helpdesk
- quicker resolution of queries as DVLA can identify the vehicles assigned to each fleet number
- access to the View Vehicle Record (VVR) enquiry service
VVR offers advantages such as having access to data for vehicles within your fleet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and being able to see which vehicles are due to be taxed and MOT tested.
You can also opt in or out of having a V5C issued. This could reduce your administrative burden and the amount of storage space you need, as you won’t need to store the V5Cs and you can request a V5C when required.
For more information on how to join the DVLA fleet scheme please contact DVLA by email.