World news story

Apply for Youth Mobility Scheme Certificates of Sponsorship now

Hong Kong Labour Department accepting applications for Certificates of Sponsorship

This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government

Abbey Road recording studios©VisitBritain, Jack Barnes.

From 19 February to 4 March 2014, the Hong Kong Labour Department will be accepting applications for Certificates of Sponsorship for the Youth Mobility Scheme.

The Youth Mobility Scheme allows young people aged between 18 and 30 to live, work or study in the UK for up to 2 years.

From this year, up to 1,000 HKSAR passport holders can qualify for the Youth Mobility Scheme each year. HKSAR passport holders need a Certificate of Sponsorship to apply for the Youth Mobility Scheme.

For further information on eligibility and how to apply for a certificate of sponsorship please visit the Hong Kong Labour Department website where you can download the application form. Information on the Youth Mobility Scheme can be found at here.

Further information

British National (Overseas) passport holders are already eligible to apply for a visa under the Youth Mobility Scheme to the UK and are not subject to any quota or sponsorship requirements.

Published 19 February 2014