Malagasy talented professionals and public servants are able to apply for a scholarship award under the UK’s flagship scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Awarded to outstanding individuals with leadership potential, a Chevening Scholarship offers financial support for a Master’s level degree beginning September 2016 at one of the UK’s leading universities.
Applicants have until 3rd November 2015 to submit their application.
Awards are typically for a one-year Master’s degree, in any subject at any of the UK’s leading universities.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, and intend to return there after your studies
- Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper second-class honours degree in the UK
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience before applying for a Chevening Scholarship
- Be able to meet the Chevening minimum English language requirement
- Be able to obtain the correct visa, and receive an unconditional offer from a UK university
The Chevening team are particularly interested in hearing from applicants in Madagascar who wish to chose one of the following areas of study:
2- Human Rights and Peace building
3- Corporate Governance
4- Industry and Energy
5- Education and Development
6- Economy and Development
7- Population and Development
8- Political Science
9- International Law
How to apply
Applicants should read the online guidance and be able to demonstrate how they meet the Chevening selection criteria before submitting an application. Further details of closing dates and priority subject areas are available at chevening.org.