Businesses can apply for a share of funding to support new technologies that will keep the UK at the forefront of the aerospace industry.
The UK aerospace industry leads Europe and is number 2 in the world. However, it is a highly competitive market and industry needs to keep developing revolutionary and game-changing technologies.
Businesses developing innovative technologies for the civil aerospace industry can apply for a share of £10 million funding to support collaborative R&D projects and feasibility studies that address industry challenges in areas including:
- new manufacturing solutions
- novel or advanced materials and processes
- technologies that improve vehicle efficiency
- novel technologies or processes that reduce cost of owning vehicles
- new modelling and simulation techniques
We are specifically encouraging companies outside the aerospace sector that can bring technical knowledge and expertise to a consortium and work on applications targeted primarily at civil aerospace.
- small businesses could receive up to 70% of their eligible project costs, medium-sized businesses up to 60% and large businesses up to 50%
- we expect total project costs of collaborative R&D projects to be between £250,000 and £1 million and for projects to last up to 36 months
- we expect total project costs of feasibility studies to be up to £100,000 and for projects to last up to 18 months
- the competition opens on 29 June 2015
- the deadline for registration is midday on 9 September 2015 for collaborative R&D and midday on 5 November for feasibility studies
- a networking event takes place in London on 28 April 2015
- a webinar competition briefing takes place on 15 July 2015