The DCMS Structural Reform Plan, published by Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt, sets out the department’s priorities for the next three years and beyond.
Key commitments include:
- Leading Europe in universal and superfast broadband
- Supporting strong local media
- Delivering a safe and successful Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012
- Encouraging philanthropy and bringing the National Lottery back to its original good causes
- Developing a new Schools Olympics competition
- Supporting sustainable growth in tourism and the creative industries
Plans for culture, heritage and other areas will be announced after the Spending Review in October 2010.