A new way ahead for culture, media and sport
New plans for the 2012 Olympics, superfast broadband and competitive school sport were unveiled today
The DCMS Structural Reform Plan, published by Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt, sets out the department’s priorities for the next three years and beyond.
Key commitments include:
- Leading Europe in universal and superfast broadband
- Supporting strong local media
- Delivering a safe and successful Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012
- Encouraging philanthropy and bringing the National Lottery back to its original good causes
- Developing a new Schools Olympics competition
- Supporting sustainable growth in tourism and the creative industries
Plans for culture, heritage and other areas will be announced after the Spending Review in October 2010.
- Full news release
- Full Structural Reform Plan (including monthly updates)