20th International Chemical Weapons Demilitarisation Conference
The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) is hosting the two day event on 25 to 26 May 2017. Registration is now open.
The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) is hosting the 20th annual International Chemical Weapons Demilitarisation Conference. The two day event on 25 to 26 May 2017 is at the Park Plaza Hotel Victoria London along with an informal networking session at the hotel on the eve of the conference.
The International Chemical Weapons Demilitarisation (CWD) conference brings together the world’s largest gathering of professionals involved in the demilitarisation of chemical weapons. It provides the opportunity to showcase the global progress in chemical weapon destruction and enables delegates to develop their knowledge and understanding with a common goal of a safer, cleaner world. There will be representation from policy and decision makers across international organisations, UK government, the armed forces, industry, academia and research and development establishments worldwide.
The conference supports the global effort to eliminate chemical weapons and fosters co-operation through the exchange of information and ideas relating to the safe disposal.
The proposed topics for the conference are:
- programme planning, technology selection, facility construction, operations, safe closure of CWD facilities and environmental remediation and health and safety
- expedient destruction methods – how to reduce time and cost
- disposal of chemical weapons precursors in commercial facilities
- removal and destruction of chemical weapon precursors from Libya
- exchange of best practice
- chemical safety and security
- waste management
- explosive detonation technology
- recovery of chemical weapons from seas and rivers/lakes
- innovative technologies and services
- laboratory and analytical techniques/instrumentation
- analytical methods – environmental and biomedical
To register please contact the CWD conference organiser. Registration closes at 11.59pm on Friday 12 May 2017. You do not have to submit an abstract to register for this event.
Submit an abstract
To submit an abstract to present your work at this year’s conference, please contact the CWD conference organiser. Abstracts should be submitted by 4.00pm Friday 31 March 2017.
For more information please contact the CWD conference organiser.
Published: 7 February 2017