The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State leads on the following:
- Family law and justice
- Domestic abuse and violence (MoJ lead)
- Youth justice
- Legal aid
- Legal support
- Court and tribunal fees
- Mental capacity and the Office of the Public Guardian
- Race disparity in the justice system
- Coroners, burials, inquests and inquiries
- Miscarriages of justice
- Parliamentary Minister (scrutinising SIs)
Current role holder: Wendy Morton MP
Wendy Morton was appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Ministry of Justice on 26 July 2019.
She was Assistant Government Whip from 9 January 2018 to 26 July 2019.
Photo credit: UK Parliament.