Current role holder: The Rt Hon Claire Perry MP
Claire Perry was appointed Minister of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on 12 June 2017. She was elected Conservative MP for Devizes in 2010.
Claire was educated at Nailsea Comprehensive School, Oxford University, and Harvard Business School where she received a MBA.
In 2007 Claire worked an adviser to George Osborne before being elected as the MP for the Devizes constituency in central Wiltshire in May 2010. Highlights of her political career include:
- member of the Justice Select Committee from 2010 to 2011
- Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Defence, from 2011 to 2013
- Special Advisor to the Prime Minister on preventing the sexualisation and commercialisation of children
- Government Whip in 2013 and in 2014
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport from 2014 to 2016
Career outside politics
Claire worked for Bank of America, McKinsey and Company, and Credit Suisse before starting her own small business offering online financial advice to women.
Claire has 3 children.