A strong and healthy sport economy benefits both sport and society more widely.
The Sports Business Council stems from Government’s Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation to act as a forum for the sport and physical activity sector, working with Government to ensure the sector continues to grow and prosper.
The Council is co-chaired by Sports Minister Tracey Crouch and Richard Scudamore, Executive Chairman of the Premier League.
Members of the Council are drawn from a number of leading public and private sector organisations working in sport and physical activity.
- Joanna Adams – Chief Executive Officer, England Netball
- John Allert – Chief Marketing Officer, McLaren Technology Group
- Kate Bosomworth – Independent Consultant and Sport England Board Member
- Christian Brodie – Chair, South East Local Enterprise Partnership
- Rich Callaway – UK Sports Marketing Director, Nike
- Robert Cook – Managing Director UK, Virgin Active
- Paul Foster – Chief Executive Officer, The Great Run Company
- Tom Harrison – Chief Executive Officer, England and Wales Cricket Board
- Dan Lane – Chief Executive Officer and Founder, WOOOBA
- Christopher Lee – Managing Director, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Populous
- Mark Lichtenhein – Chair, Sports Rights Owners Coalition
- Sally Munday – Chief Executive, England Hockey
- Barbara Slater – Director of Sport, BBC
- Bill Sweeney – Chief Executive Officer, British Olympic Association
- Steven Ward – Chief Executive Officer, ukactive
- Philip Yates – Managing Director UK, Ottobock
Read the Council’s