The Growth Programme Board is the Programme Monitoring Committee for both the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund Operational Programmes in England. To support the Board a number of national level policy and operational sub-committees have been established.
There are nine National Sub-committees, each focussed on different areas of the Programme:
- Smart specialisation (innovation)
- Small and medium enterprise competitiveness (including ICT and Financial Instruments)
- Sustainable growth (including low carbon, climate change, the environment and sustainable transport)
- Employment, skills and social Inclusion (including Community Led Local Development)
- Sustainable Urban Development
- Performance and Dispute Resolution
- Equal Opportunities
Role and responsibilities
The National sub-committees are responsible for providing specialist advice and support to the Growth Programme Board in its role to oversee that the European Growth Programme’s policy and operational objectives are delivered successfully.
Membership and support
Each National sub-committee is made up representatives from a wide selection of groups and organisations who have particular knowledge and expertise in the topic area. Membership details and latest activities of each sub-committee can be viewed in the Growth Programme Board papers.